Vemco’s ISO Service
ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001
So, you’re looking for a cost-effective route to ISO certification….
Why choose Vemco?
There are at least 6 reasons we would encourage you to use our services:
- Our offer is about coaching and training you and your staff using Government registered mentors/coaches. Only a minor proportion of our work relates to consultancy;
- We use only qualified and competent auditors, and only after understanding your business will we develop ISO documentation on your behalf;
- Our business is ISO certified – we have been through the process and continue to go through the process to develop our business. You will benefit first-hand from our learning.
- Our Auditors work with many types of organisation; in particular we specialise in owner-operated (micro) businesses.
- We will not leave you stranded. This is not quite the same as helping you pass an exam. It’s an ongoing process and we need to coach you on how to “live and breathe” the system(s) so that you can grow and succeed in future audits from your registrar (remember, you will be audited on an ongoing basis even after successfully gaining certification).
- Is cash-flow a problem? – As registered Government coaches we can help secure Government grant funding towards the cost. We will tailor a payment profile to meet the needs of your business and the requirements of the coaching service that utilise Government training grants.
Vemco leads you through the certification process
Certification can appear daunting – and for good reason. There are several parts to ISO certification. We will start by understanding your business, then we will:
- create plans and processes in accordance with ISO standards and also in accordance with your company’s quality goals. This work should not be underestimated since a significant amount of documents will need to be produced;
- train everyone involved in your business. Most staff will not need training in all areas, but training is important if this is to be a success. Again, we will assist you with this;
- help you find funding towards the cost of training and coaching;
- help you find a registrar – you need one that suits you company’s style and budget;
- help set dates for your audit, which comes in 2 stages: stage 1 is a review of your documentation to identify any gaps. Stage 2, checks that the gaps identified in stage 1 have been filled and then checks that your business is “living and breathing” the ISO system(s).
- Vemco is committed to your ISO journey and will provide everything you need in one place.
Why choose ISO?
These are international standards ensuring that your products and services are safe, reliable and of good quality. They are a benchmark that your customers will recognise and accept. For your business, international standards are strategic tools that improve services, reduce costs by minimising errors and increase productivity. In short, this is a key way for your business to grow.
Many small businesses are afraid to embark this type of journey after considering the time, money and ongoing effort required to sustain this certification. So we have developed 7 good reasons, based on our experience, why companies should seek this status:
1. Customer is King
Remember, keeping customers satisfied is the ultimate goal of a QMS. When you really understand this, you understand the power of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
2. Grow Your Business – New Markets
ISO certification can open up new markets – some of which we were unable to do business with before. There are a number of large companies that insist on some of these standards in order to successfully tender for their work.
3. Better Systems – Better Quality
What we want for our company is to provide consistently high quality products. Clients then know that they can expect high standards every time and will ultimately tell others about it. That can only be good for our business.
4. Focus on Customer Needs
Since a QMS is all about continuous improvement, significant focus is placed on understanding what customers actually want. It sounds obvious, but how seriously do companies really take this? Large food chains like Tesco fully understand this concept and work hard to understand their customers’ needs in detail, but this is just as important for smaller companies as well.
5. Understand Your Business Thoroughly
One thing we can truly say about our ISO journey is that we now understand our business. Not that we didn’t before; but we know it thoroughly now. Also, it’s now very easy to understand what is happening in our business at any given time. For instance, our company’s secretary, Geraldine, is the custodian of our unique numbering system – it’s a number that stays with a job from the time a quote is issued, to the time the job is completed and an invoice is sent. Just by working in this way means we are now set up so that, at any point, we can take the “pulse” of the business and make informed decisions – quite powerful stuff!
6. Improved Staff Morale
For us at Vemco, setting up our QMS provided a short term target to aim for – and staff will enjoy the benefit of wearing the ISO badge with honour; they earned it! However, the QMS also provides them with clear expectations and the tools to do their job (procedures and work instructions). It provides them with prompt and actionable feedback on their performance (process metrics). The result? An improved company culture and a more professional staff!
7. International Recognition
ISO is not a national standard; it’s an international standard administered by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO), based in Switzerland. ISO 9001 is currently in use by close to one million organisations around the world. It truly is a worldwide standard for quality. Obtaining ISO certification puts your company in a very select group.
If you want to learn more about Vemco’s services, please contact our office on 01223 655570. We’ll be happy to assist you.